Sunday, February 12, 2017

Two Magnolia Trees - Moleskin Sketchbook

Here is a watercolor sketch on a cloudy day. I have been extra busy with my graphic design work and   have not spent much time at all painting. Whenever I take the time to paint, usually at the end of the day, I'm refreshed because it helps me to unwind. The kind of graphics work I've been doing is super focused environmental graphic design involving bank way finding signage. Pretty much the exact opposite of this. It's a nice balance.
I hope to keep experimenting with watercolor and gouache more and more. This medium takes no time to set up and travel with. My family and I are taking a trip soon up the east coast and I plan to do a little plein air painting if they let me. I want to improve in these water media skills for just that reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watercolor Daily

These paintings were inspired using word prompts from the Sketch A Day app. The paintings are all original - painted from life or a referen...