Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Impending Storm

Impending Storm
18" x 18"
Oil on Canvas
The location is south of I-20 in Forest, MS - near Conehatta, MS where my grandparents owned a small farm. My cousins and I spent time there during our summers.

I've been thinking a lot about what my dad is going through with his cancer and the fact that my uncle just died on the 14th. It is true that life isn't the way that generation remembers it. It seems like there is a lot of talk about death and dying but also reminiscing about good times. In the past month, we've seen 3 of my parents' friends die. This painting sets the mood.....like there is a storm coming and maybe it's here.

As I say this and paint this picture I know without a doubt that we are so blessed to have the Lord. He is our strength and our song though sadness and trials. Jesus is our true comforter. 🙏

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watercolor Daily

These paintings were inspired using word prompts from the Sketch A Day app. The paintings are all original - painted from life or a referen...