Thursday, January 30, 2020

High Hill Hopes


18" x 24"
Oil on Canvas

I’m discovering new and beautiful places in my home state of Mississippi that I haven’t seen before and this is one of them. This is a painting of the open pastureland behind Carr Church in Lake, MS. I used my creative license and added some cows..ha! There is another church called High Hill Church is located just north of this one with a spectacular Western view. This area must be one of the highest elevations in the state.

Before my dad passed, mom, dad and I would take mini road trips. We loved driving to see interesting places like this and eating good food. If you ever find yourself in Forest Mississippi off I-20 you must stop at the Garden Patch restaurant. It is a hole in the wall but those southern ladies make the best-fried chicken I’ve ever tasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watercolor Daily

These paintings were inspired using word prompts from the Sketch A Day app. The paintings are all original - painted from life or a referen...